2020 Scholarship Program (Singing)
Who is eligible?
Applicants must be all of the following:
- US Citizen or permanent legal resident
- Member of 2020 graduating class (public or private high school or home school)
- In the application process to a college or university
What is the process?
- Applicant completes and submits electronic entry form, recording and other necessary items to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline (February 29, 2020)
- Entries will be screened by selection committees and the highest ranked applicants will be invited to perform for the competition Semi-Final round on Saturday morning, March 28, 2020
- Following the Semi-Final round, the top 6 contestants will advance to the Final round, held at 7:30 PM Saturday evening, March 28, 2020, and open to the public. All participants in the Final round of the competition will receive a scholarship award, ranging in amount from $850 to $1,500.
Where is the venue?
Cullen Hall on the campus of Houston's Universty of St. Thomas (Midtown)
- provide proof of senior status by the application deadline in the form of an official school transcript displaying courses completed, grades, GPA and class rank.
- provide proof of application to a college or university.
- provide an introductory paragraph in English or German, not to exceed 100 words, regarding their personal interest in German music or the German language.
- provide a letter of recommendation from a choir director.
- submit a model release along with an
- submit electronically a scan of two German language vocal solos (one chosen from the Class I
UIL Texas Prescribed Music List
and one of their choice but of equal quality) in their preferred performance key.
- Upload an audition recording of their two memorized songs to YouTube by 11:59 pm of the application
deadline (February 29).
- fully complete and submit electronically their application (including all the above mentioned required documentation) in one email to email@example.com by the application deadline.
- appear in formal attire (ie. formal choir performance uniform or similar), if selected for the Finals event on March 28, 2020.
All scholarship winners will invite the Houston Saengerbund to send representatives to their school’s college award event for official presentation of their scholarship.